Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Wool Blanket











A wool blanket I am stitching using a design published in Country Bumpkin's magaine "Inspirations" and in their book "The World's Most Beautiful Blankets". The eucalpyts are all Australian natives and there are eight varieties depicted, 2 in each corner. I am planning to stitch Jenny McWhinney's kookaburra in the center (also from "The Worlds Most Beautiful Blankets). This is for my Mum to keep her warm in the winter. I am always hot - she is always cold! I have some lovely fabric for the binding and backing with eucalypt leaves all over it.

3 comments:

  1. Wow this blanket is so beautiful. I love the designs. Which Inspirations issue did you use? I LOVE that magazine. I keep trying to get them. So useful!

    Your work is amazing and wonderful!


    Ann Flowers
    flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, your work is so lovely... Your Mum will be so proud to have this blanket to keep her warm...
    cheers - FDS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Susan just lovely, home sick, I must start stitching some of the natives too they will remind me of home more. lol
    Hugs and smiles
    Andrea
    andneil.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete